Skip to main content

2 Months & Connecticut Visit

I'm really late to the game here. Blog slacking. Honestly, my time is going to my baby girl... and taking my time to care for her is more important than cutting into that time to write it all down. I'm still dedicated to stopping by here with some very limited free time and getting it all out when I can.


She is two months now. Her personality is definitely developing. She started socially smiling right before we took the trip up to Connecticut to visit family and friends. Right after we came back, Daddy Chris worked with her to make certain sounds and he has her squealing and saying "ahhh". He is so good with her! I think he's really starting to enjoy spending time with her now that she can interact back. Here's a favorite video of mine - I'm reading one of her favorite books that Auntie Marsha and Uncle Danny gave her:


We also took a LONG drive up to Connecticut. It was absolutely wonderful to see everyone and visit. I was exhausted by the end of the trip and made me appreciate having Chris as a father/caregiver. I have no clue how people function while taking care of a baby all on their own!

She also had her Pediatrician visit and he said she is moving like a 4 month old! She is growing perfectly and proportionally on the same 50 percentile (which is more important and what they look for). She weights about 11.5 lbs (probably more now). 

She loves books and has especially taken a liking to one Arianna donated to us - it's a crinkle book made of cloth and each page has a sensory feel to it (like a smooth glittery butterfly or a soft fluffy lamb). She has figured out "bedtime" and fights it like clockwork right around 7pm. We've had to start being a little sly about it (changing who puts her down in the crib) feeding her in the living room first, removing the book right before bed... none of it really has worked well... she just knows it's "time to be down for the night" and fights it. I read this is normal and I'm not too worried about it. She eventually tires herself out and falls asleep. 



























Comments

  1. Cynthia had a "witching hour" around 7 pm too at this stage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please include your name when commenting, it won't show up otherwise and I won't know who's saying these wonderful things!

Popular posts from this blog

5 weeks, 5 days

So... this is feeling real now. It's still VERY early and I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet... but I feel very pregnant. My chest is killing me, I can't wear a bra around the house because it's too much. I have some nausea (no vomiting, thankfully) and some aversion to smells - today my husband made this "Chicken Pot Pie" soup and it smelled SOOOO bad, like cat food.  I have to hand it to Chris though, he's being so good about making sure I am comfortable and doing things around the house. I can't imagine doing this without him.  He finally let me tell his mother, I've been dying to for awhile now... but he's so hesitant because of what happened last time. I definitely understand that. I'm reluctant myself. I've only told Ari, Marsha and now my Mother-in-Law. It's hard because the more people you tell, if something goes wrong... it was hard last time to have to let people know. It's better to wait and be 100% tha

Week 30 - Are we there yet?

Whew, baby... literally. I am growing, or rather I should say Zoey is growing. My stomach has doubled, she is kicking and moving like a champ in there... sometimes a bit much when she punches "down there". I am having more back pain, trouble bending down to put on sneakers, getting out of bed is a chore (and I'm doing this QUITE often - with the amount of bathroom trips I take every night). Overall though, I still feel pretty good but I can feel myself losing some of that extra steam I gained in the second trimester. I honestly can't believe I'm going to be meeting baby Zoey in about 9 weeks (actually 8 weeks or sooner since I am writing this on Friday - the start of week 31). As you can see below, I am huge and I'm not loving this double chin, but knowing I have only gained 7 lbs total at 30 weeks... makes me feel a little better about bouncing back after she is born. This past week I have completed washing, drying, hanging/folding all the clothes

First Month!

So much has happened. I'm a slacker but I have good reason! Taking care of a newborn is no joke! Zoey is honestly a very good baby... sleeps and doesn't cry much... until 4 weeks hit and she found her voice! :) We are now in week 4 going on 5 and she's much fussier but still CUTE as ever. She got back to birth weight pretty darn quick. She's had a stuffy nose for quite awhile now. She's had her first professional photos taken by JC Penney portrait studio. She is now lifting her head up during tummy time and can follow objects and sounds by turning her head. She loves to make cute grunting noises all the time, especially when burping her. She has a cute little fro that stands up even more after having a bath. Here is the link to all the photos and videos I've taken of her -  https://photos.app.goo.gl/73SxvMb8QJcENV1Q7 this link will also be updated with future photos and videos. I've attached a few of my favorites from this past month below: