Skip to main content

36 & 37 weeks - Let the countdown begin!

Ahhh... so much has happened. I can't believe I've been so negligent about the blog!!

First thing is first... I have my induction date! We will be heading to the hospital 7 am on Friday, December 27th.

I spoke with the doctor and nurse midwife and they confirmed that she could be born either the 27th or 28th depending on how far dilated I am that day. They checked me last Friday and he said I wasn't quite dilated yet but they will continue to monitor the next 2 weeks. If I go in and I am still not dilated, the plan is to give me a magic pill to soften things up, spend a long boring morning/afternoon in the hospital waiting and then they would start me on Pitocin (essentially Oxytocin to get contractions going) either that night or early the next morning. So... if all goes according to that plan, she will probably be born sometime Dec 28th - which is also my Mother-in-law's birthday!! She's excited to potentially share her birthday with her Grandbaby. However, if I am dilated, it's possible things could come about quickly (according to my Mother and Grandmother... they had all quick births - under 5 hours or so and my mother also had an induction with my brother). OR she could even decide to come on her own... you never know!

Okay, that's out of the way....

We went shopping for her furniture with my in-laws (they are giving her the gift of a bedroom set that will see her through to adulthood). It's a beautiful set and I am so thankful for this, she will have this forever and know that her Grandparents got her something that will last throughout the years. The crib is put together and set up (see below) but the dresser with hutch and end table will be delivered later. It also comes with rails to change the bed into an adult bed later on. Honestly, it's gorgeous and I am so happy with how it looks, I can only hope little Zoey grows to love it as much as I do!



Oh, we also had Thanksgiving at Babci's place (Chris' Grandmother) and it was nice and cozy, perfect pace for how pregnant I am, haha. She did a wonderful spread and decorated so nice. Christmas will be at the in-laws... also nice and cozy and that's perfect!

Here's a video of baby Zoey having the hiccups during the non-stress test this week. Those big thumps are the hiccups. The nurse said it's an excellent sign to hear them and honestly, she gets them all the time... so it made me feel great to hear!


I've also included some photos - Chris practicing rocking on the glider with Linus and a photo of us with his brother Jon and his girlfriend Kate at Thanksgiving.











Comments

  1. Amber you definitely have a way of bringing smiles and laughter. Chris checking out the rocker with Linus. Lol. The crib bed is really gorgeous and Zoey will absolutely love it for all the years to come. Love to you, Chris and Zoey ❤mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these blog posts, being able to follow the pregnancy, and all of your thoughts and feelings during your pregnancy journey!! I am very happy for you both and anxious to meet my little baby granddaughter! If we do happen to be birthday buddies I will be ecstatic, but if she decides to come a day before me, she will be the best Christmas/Birthday combo gift I've ever received!!! Counting the days... Love you all too much!! Mom R

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please include your name when commenting, it won't show up otherwise and I won't know who's saying these wonderful things!

Popular posts from this blog

5 weeks, 5 days

So... this is feeling real now. It's still VERY early and I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet... but I feel very pregnant. My chest is killing me, I can't wear a bra around the house because it's too much. I have some nausea (no vomiting, thankfully) and some aversion to smells - today my husband made this "Chicken Pot Pie" soup and it smelled SOOOO bad, like cat food.  I have to hand it to Chris though, he's being so good about making sure I am comfortable and doing things around the house. I can't imagine doing this without him.  He finally let me tell his mother, I've been dying to for awhile now... but he's so hesitant because of what happened last time. I definitely understand that. I'm reluctant myself. I've only told Ari, Marsha and now my Mother-in-Law. It's hard because the more people you tell, if something goes wrong... it was hard last time to have to let people know. It's better to wait and be 100% tha

11 Weeks!!

Okay, I've been sooo bad with posting. Partly because I have to do this on my phone, and I HATE having to type out long entries this way. I finally gave up and downloaded the Blogger app because I really want this account to be something to share and look back upon. So.... What's been going on?! Well, everything is progressing well. I've been off and on nauseous, boobs are huge and sore, my sense of smell is amazing and I hate the smell of fried 🐔 chicken. No huge cravings but my blood test showed a high level that put me on alert for possibly developing Gestational Diabetes. This means changing things up with my diet... Yay. Avoiding lots of carbs and sugar mostly. Another thing... Because of the prior DVT clot, they have me on Lovenox to thin my blood. It's a fun shot I take every night that burns. My wonderful husband gives it to me. It's annoying but I know it's the best for both the baby and I. Oh, Chris made me amaizing little candles from my Oui Yo