Skip to main content

Weeks 28 & 29!

Squeezing two weeks into one again! I can't seem to catch up with everything lately. Here's a couple updates with pictures. 

Baby Zoey - She is sitting low on me, has her head down and during the new ultrasound you can see that she has her leg all the way up above her head (her knee and nose are touching)... flexible little one! Because of her position, she has powerful (head butts?) to my bladder that give me some fun little accidents! That might be the worst part of the pregnancy so far but honestly, I'll take it. I've seen her squirm inside a few times but every time I try and take a video of the movement, she stops. It reminds me of trying to take a picture of Linus, he always knows what I am trying to do and moves away or gives me a bad face. 





Class - We went to the first of the "Birth Prep" classes. This one went into pre-pregnancy symptoms, braxton hicks, when to go to the hospital, what to expect if you have a natural childbirth (along with some videos - not as graphic as I thought they would be). We also did this really interesting activity that was supposed to get you mindful of breathing techniques and how mood lighting and music can help with pain management. They had us hold an ice cube in our fist for what would be the typical duration of a contraction. Most of us couldn't handle the cold and dropped it pretty easily - right off the bat. Then the teacher went over breathing techniques and turned the lights low with some nice easy music and we tried again. This time everyone was able to hold the ice cube for the duration of the contraction. 

The homework is to practice the breathing exercises and find out what would work for us so when the time comes, we can be better prepared to focus and not panic. Panic is what causes the pain to build up and anxiety does exactly the same thing. I told Chris that we will have to get some Michael Sealey meditation set up for me ahead of time. He's a Youtuber with guided meditation: check it out here. We are attending the second class tonight, this one will be talking about induction and epidurals, which will be more likely what I'll be doing. 


Life - I ended up going to the ER a week or so ago. My leg/foot had swollen up (same side as the one I had the DVT in) and elevating it wasn't making it go down. I got a little worried and called the docs office and they suggested I go to ER for an Ultrasound in my leg. It came back clear, thankfully! I just have to be more careful in the heat and not overdo it. We had spent some time outside at two different Fairs in the area and I guess the heat combined with the walking had done my leg in. 

I also learned from the doctor that they will definitely be shooting for December 27th as induction date - it hasn't been registered or anything but that's what the OBGYN office is going to work for. Closer to the date, they will assign me a doctor from the practice so I will know who will be delivering me, which is nice. I wasn't really happy with the way they had been doing things now - seeing every person at the practice at least once. I can't remember any names of faces... so it really doesn't make any difference at this point. Seems cold and not very well thought out. I hope they rethink this practice for the future generations. 

Picture is from the Fort Mill Fair Hayride :)



Events - We went to the Carolina Balloon Festival this past weekend. It was with my extended family. That was fun, I have quite a few nice pictures from it. Chris and I finally got to make our first purchase for Zoey... we've been waiting for the perfect "something" to say - this is from your parents... and it's a hot air balloon stuffed with a little teddy bear in the basket. The design is perfect and matches the partial theme of "space". This women makes them on the regular, here is their contact info and I've included the price list: Marcia S Lynch - Lynch Family Artists - 540-820-2610 - mlynch331@comcast.net. It looks like they take orders.  











Comments

  1. Wow I can really make out baby Zoey! She must have long legs. Your's were 19inches. When she's born they'll measure them. We'll have to wait and see. You guys chose an awesome gift. The Galaxy on the hot air balloon, so nice.
    Glad all is well, your circulation in that leg must be somewhat compromised. Love you all. Mom,.
    Gramms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please include your name when commenting, it won't show up otherwise and I won't know who's saying these wonderful things!

Popular posts from this blog

36 & 37 weeks - Let the countdown begin!

Ahhh... so much has happened. I can't believe I've been so negligent about the blog!! First thing is first... I have my induction date! We will be heading to the hospital 7 am on Friday, December 27th. I spoke with the doctor and nurse midwife and they confirmed that she could be born either the 27th or 28th depending on how far dilated I am that day. They checked me last Friday and he said I wasn't quite dilated yet but they will continue to monitor the next 2 weeks. If I go in and I am still not dilated, the plan is to give me a magic pill to soften things up, spend a long boring morning/afternoon in the hospital waiting and then they would start me on Pitocin (essentially Oxytocin to get contractions going) either that night or early the next morning. So... if all goes according to that plan, she will probably be born sometime Dec 28th - which is also my Mother-in-law's birthday!! She's excited to potentially share her birthday with her Grandbaby. However,

5 weeks, 5 days

So... this is feeling real now. It's still VERY early and I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet... but I feel very pregnant. My chest is killing me, I can't wear a bra around the house because it's too much. I have some nausea (no vomiting, thankfully) and some aversion to smells - today my husband made this "Chicken Pot Pie" soup and it smelled SOOOO bad, like cat food.  I have to hand it to Chris though, he's being so good about making sure I am comfortable and doing things around the house. I can't imagine doing this without him.  He finally let me tell his mother, I've been dying to for awhile now... but he's so hesitant because of what happened last time. I definitely understand that. I'm reluctant myself. I've only told Ari, Marsha and now my Mother-in-Law. It's hard because the more people you tell, if something goes wrong... it was hard last time to have to let people know. It's better to wait and be 100% tha

11 Weeks!!

Okay, I've been sooo bad with posting. Partly because I have to do this on my phone, and I HATE having to type out long entries this way. I finally gave up and downloaded the Blogger app because I really want this account to be something to share and look back upon. So.... What's been going on?! Well, everything is progressing well. I've been off and on nauseous, boobs are huge and sore, my sense of smell is amazing and I hate the smell of fried 🐔 chicken. No huge cravings but my blood test showed a high level that put me on alert for possibly developing Gestational Diabetes. This means changing things up with my diet... Yay. Avoiding lots of carbs and sugar mostly. Another thing... Because of the prior DVT clot, they have me on Lovenox to thin my blood. It's a fun shot I take every night that burns. My wonderful husband gives it to me. It's annoying but I know it's the best for both the baby and I. Oh, Chris made me amaizing little candles from my Oui Yo