Skip to main content

20 Weeks & Anatomy Scan

She passed! She is healthy, has everything where is should be, nothing out of the ordinary seen! I am thrilled. I never knew how nervous you can get until you have a baby growing inside of you, what a nervous wreck I've become. I guess this is what all mothers talk about... how they are constantly worrying and always on edge. I'm just so happy she is healthy. I've attached quite a few of the ultrasound pics below.

I've definitely been feeling her, it's very low... not where I was expecting to feel the flutters but the ultrasound technician said it's because of the way she's positioned. It's her legs kicking me towards the crotch... ouch, when that happens... it's exactly what they call it - LIGHTING CROTCH! She gets me in that cervical nerve or whatever and it's like a jolt down there. I wonder if that's how it feels when a guy gets punched down there, lol. At least it goes away quickly.

What else happened this week? We went to an abstract "golf leaf" painting ?class? I hate to call it a class, even though that's what they advertised, because they basically gave you paint and a few simple tips and said "GO". I mean, I get it's ABSTRACT and everyone will be doing something different, but yeah... very hands off. I've attached a picture of the one I painted. It's more than likely going in the nursery since it's got similar colors to the theme.

Oh yeah, my tooth. I forgot to update that. All is well... $900 later and I am fit for a permanent crown. I have a temporary one in now and thankfully ZERO pain! Dental work is so expensive. Not to get all political... but somethings got to give around here! I'm just glad my blood sugar numbers are getting back to normal, it was definitely elevated from the pain and stress. I still find that fascinating that you can raise your blood sugar just with stress and pain alone! I am proof of that.

I guess that's about all for now. I won't have too much excitement for next week to share (unless something surprising comes up) but the week after I will be in Connecticut! Yay! I can't wait. I know, I know... it's been mentioned in every post since I planned the visit... but I am just beside myself with excitement to see all my loved ones.

In the meantime, I am going to go back to soothing little Zoey with the lullaby I've picked out: Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds"... and it goes a little something like this:
Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright
Singing' don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright

Rise up this mornin'
Smiled with the risin' sun
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true
Saying', (this is my message to you)

Singing' don't worry 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright
Singing' don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright

Rise up this mornin'
Smiled with the risin' sun
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true
Sayin', this is my message to you

Singin' don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh
Every little thing gonna be alright, don't worry
Singin' don't worry about a thing, I won't worry
"'Cause every little thing gonna be alright (2x)







Comments

  1. Love the lullaby choice. It always puts me at ease , I can imagine how nice it will be for Zoey to hear it sung by Mama <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please include your name when commenting, it won't show up otherwise and I won't know who's saying these wonderful things!

Popular posts from this blog

36 & 37 weeks - Let the countdown begin!

Ahhh... so much has happened. I can't believe I've been so negligent about the blog!! First thing is first... I have my induction date! We will be heading to the hospital 7 am on Friday, December 27th. I spoke with the doctor and nurse midwife and they confirmed that she could be born either the 27th or 28th depending on how far dilated I am that day. They checked me last Friday and he said I wasn't quite dilated yet but they will continue to monitor the next 2 weeks. If I go in and I am still not dilated, the plan is to give me a magic pill to soften things up, spend a long boring morning/afternoon in the hospital waiting and then they would start me on Pitocin (essentially Oxytocin to get contractions going) either that night or early the next morning. So... if all goes according to that plan, she will probably be born sometime Dec 28th - which is also my Mother-in-law's birthday!! She's excited to potentially share her birthday with her Grandbaby. However,

5 weeks, 5 days

So... this is feeling real now. It's still VERY early and I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet... but I feel very pregnant. My chest is killing me, I can't wear a bra around the house because it's too much. I have some nausea (no vomiting, thankfully) and some aversion to smells - today my husband made this "Chicken Pot Pie" soup and it smelled SOOOO bad, like cat food.  I have to hand it to Chris though, he's being so good about making sure I am comfortable and doing things around the house. I can't imagine doing this without him.  He finally let me tell his mother, I've been dying to for awhile now... but he's so hesitant because of what happened last time. I definitely understand that. I'm reluctant myself. I've only told Ari, Marsha and now my Mother-in-Law. It's hard because the more people you tell, if something goes wrong... it was hard last time to have to let people know. It's better to wait and be 100% tha

11 Weeks!!

Okay, I've been sooo bad with posting. Partly because I have to do this on my phone, and I HATE having to type out long entries this way. I finally gave up and downloaded the Blogger app because I really want this account to be something to share and look back upon. So.... What's been going on?! Well, everything is progressing well. I've been off and on nauseous, boobs are huge and sore, my sense of smell is amazing and I hate the smell of fried 🐔 chicken. No huge cravings but my blood test showed a high level that put me on alert for possibly developing Gestational Diabetes. This means changing things up with my diet... Yay. Avoiding lots of carbs and sugar mostly. Another thing... Because of the prior DVT clot, they have me on Lovenox to thin my blood. It's a fun shot I take every night that burns. My wonderful husband gives it to me. It's annoying but I know it's the best for both the baby and I. Oh, Chris made me amaizing little candles from my Oui Yo