Skip to main content

16 Weeks - Lil' Avacado

I've nearly missed my 16 week update! Things are starting to fly by.

The answer is... Yes, I know the sex of the baby BUT.... No, I can't share just yet! The Rojek family is having a nice dinner out at "Chima" (all you can eat Brazilian meat place, yum!). This is to celebrate πŸŽ‰ Chris' Grandma Vicky coming down to LIVE here. So exciting! OH, and we will be doing a little gender reveal at dinner (which we will film or do pictures and I'll post something on here).

Can I just tell you how excited I am that she's moving down here?! Now I'll have a crafting buddy and more family to surround us! Now I have to work on some from my side of the family, haha. I doubt anyone would make the jump, but it can't hurt to try!

Oh, I forgot to mention, the NIPT came back negative and .01% for any of the markers. Baby is healthy!

I started the insulin at night for my fasting numbers and it really isn't so bad. The shot is painless (especially compared to the Lovenox which burns). I've had to dial up my dose to 34 units at bed to get my number below 85 in the morning. It has been helping all the rest of my numbers as well throughout the day, thankfully.

I guess that's it, I'll see you all sometime after Sunday with the "little" reveal. :) In the meantime, here's a few pictures of my growing baby bump.






Comments

  1. Thanks for the update! It's so exciting. Can't wait to hear the gender. Sounds like you're handling things very well. Pics are beautiful.
    Take some pictures of you, Chris and family. Happy you're feeling good ! .....πŸ•ŠπŸŒΏπŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please include your name when commenting, it won't show up otherwise and I won't know who's saying these wonderful things!

Popular posts from this blog

36 & 37 weeks - Let the countdown begin!

Ahhh... so much has happened. I can't believe I've been so negligent about the blog!! First thing is first... I have my induction date! We will be heading to the hospital 7 am on Friday, December 27th. I spoke with the doctor and nurse midwife and they confirmed that she could be born either the 27th or 28th depending on how far dilated I am that day. They checked me last Friday and he said I wasn't quite dilated yet but they will continue to monitor the next 2 weeks. If I go in and I am still not dilated, the plan is to give me a magic pill to soften things up, spend a long boring morning/afternoon in the hospital waiting and then they would start me on Pitocin (essentially Oxytocin to get contractions going) either that night or early the next morning. So... if all goes according to that plan, she will probably be born sometime Dec 28th - which is also my Mother-in-law's birthday!! She's excited to potentially share her birthday with her Grandbaby. However,

5 weeks, 5 days

So... this is feeling real now. It's still VERY early and I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet... but I feel very pregnant. My chest is killing me, I can't wear a bra around the house because it's too much. I have some nausea (no vomiting, thankfully) and some aversion to smells - today my husband made this "Chicken Pot Pie" soup and it smelled SOOOO bad, like cat food.  I have to hand it to Chris though, he's being so good about making sure I am comfortable and doing things around the house. I can't imagine doing this without him.  He finally let me tell his mother, I've been dying to for awhile now... but he's so hesitant because of what happened last time. I definitely understand that. I'm reluctant myself. I've only told Ari, Marsha and now my Mother-in-Law. It's hard because the more people you tell, if something goes wrong... it was hard last time to have to let people know. It's better to wait and be 100% tha

11 Weeks!!

Okay, I've been sooo bad with posting. Partly because I have to do this on my phone, and I HATE having to type out long entries this way. I finally gave up and downloaded the Blogger app because I really want this account to be something to share and look back upon. So.... What's been going on?! Well, everything is progressing well. I've been off and on nauseous, boobs are huge and sore, my sense of smell is amazing and I hate the smell of fried πŸ” chicken. No huge cravings but my blood test showed a high level that put me on alert for possibly developing Gestational Diabetes. This means changing things up with my diet... Yay. Avoiding lots of carbs and sugar mostly. Another thing... Because of the prior DVT clot, they have me on Lovenox to thin my blood. It's a fun shot I take every night that burns. My wonderful husband gives it to me. It's annoying but I know it's the best for both the baby and I. Oh, Chris made me amaizing little candles from my Oui Yo